On December 11th, 2015, a second workshop was held for the users of garden plots. This time the participants were the staff of the nature protection services from the national and landscape parks of the Podlaskie Voivodship. As before, workshops were run by Joanna Adamczewska and Katarzyna Łukowska.
The meeting started with a presentation on the following topics:
- purpose and scope of the project
- causes and effects of biological invasions
- origin of the kenofites present in the flora of Poland
- invasive alien species in north-eastern Poland
- methods for the removal of invasive alien species in protected areas
- legislative aspects - Regulation of the Minister of the Environment of 9 September 2011 on the list of plants and animals of alien species (...) and Regulation (EU) No 1143/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 October 2014 on preventive and remedial action with regard to the introduction and spread of invasive alien species.
During the discussion Mrs. Małgorzata Charyton from the Knyszyn Forest Landscape Park discussed the historical, economic and cultural aspects of the spread of invasive alien species. She pointed to the anthropogenic motivations accompanying the spread of plant species and the need to analyze the behavior of key social groups when planning a series of educational activities or campaigns. Ms. Ewa Wiatr from the Biebrza National Park presented examples of practical educational activities for the local communities, which Park ran from 2014 to 2015. She also presented numerous teaching aids and ways of using them. Much of the workshop was devoted to discussions on the means and teaching methods that can be used in educational activities, including the idea of social monitoring, the use of electronic media, and direct action. Ideas for joint activities and potential educational projects were also discussed.